[html-formfu] "nested" populate_from_fromfu?

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Thu May 10 10:39:01 GMT 2007

On 10/05/07, Brian Cassidy <brian.cassidy at nald.ca> wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I've been investigating html-formfu as a standard form solution for our
> apps. I've only just begun browsing the code, but i like what i see thus
> far.
>
> One question I have is in regards to the DBIC integration. The current
> state of the code would appear to handle forms that represent a single
> object.
>
> Some times I'll have an object + some related object which can be edited
> at the same time (e.g. user + roles) -- Is there a chance the DBIC code
> will be expanded to handle "nested" (related) objects? or is there some
> sort of standard way to handle it already? (manually? :)

The first message to the new list!

I don't think the DBIC integration has been widely used yet.
I would like to see the DBIC component be able to handle different
types of relationships, but I think that's going to have to come from
someone else who's more familiar with DBIC.

I've been using it this week, and this is one of the issues I've come
across; but to be honest, I've only used DBIC for a couple of small
projects, so I'm pretty much having to learn it from scratch each
time.

>From the relationship you describe, you might be able to get away with
just calling populate_from_formfu() on the main result, then
retrieving the related result, and calling populate_from_formfu()
again on that.

If you want to help by contributing code, you just need a gmail
account, and I'll give you svn access!

Cheers,