[html-formfu] select element with options attribute slowdown

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Thu May 10 16:34:06 GMT 2007

On 10/05/07, Tobias Kremer <list at funkreich.de> wrote:
> > Removing the options attribute from the YAML file and setting the options
> > in the controller indead removed the problem. I then went on and updated
> > YAML and YAML::Syck on every machine but still the problem persists on 2
> > out of 3 systems :( Any further ideas on how to track this down? How can
> > I tell if YAML or YAML::Syck is used?
>
> Hold on, I double-checked this. The error message is gone but the performance
> is still really bad (~8 seconds). It seems like the process of setting a lot
> of options (in my case 250 entries) on a select element takes quite some time.

Create a script which reads in the yaml file, and run it on each computer.
This should at least narrow down whether the problem is in the
yaml-side or the formfu-side.

Config::Any (which formfu uses) will use YAML::Syck if it's available,
in preference to YAML.
Check the version number of YAML::Syck and Config::Any on all machines.
Check the perl version number on all machines.
Check the cpu / available memory on all machines.

> Can you confirm this?

Do you have a test script?