[html-formfu] select element with options attribute slowdown (solution)

Tobias Kremer list at funkreich.de
Thu May 10 20:27:17 GMT 2007

> Do you have a test script?

Ok, after three hours of debugging my Catalyst application I finally
found a cure
for the tremendous slowdowns: After removing the StackTrace plugin
everything runs
as fast as expected.

I don't know yet why this is happening (nor how the StackTrace plugin
works and
why everything works perfectly on one machine even with the
StackTrace turned on),
so any ideas are, as always, highly appreciated! I'll compare the two
StackTrace
versions tomorrow and see if there are any version differences.

Anyone dare to confirm this with the following test Controller (with
and without
the StackTrace plugin enabled)? I'm using Catalyst 5.799001 from -
current and
C::P::StackTrace 0.06.

#-----------------------------

package FormFuTest::Controller::Test;

use base 'Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu';

sub test : Local : Form {
   my( $self, $c ) = @_;
   $c->stash->{ 'form' }->element( 'select' )->name( 'test' )->options
   $c->res->body( $c->stash->{ 'form' } );
}

1;

--Tobias