[html-formfu] select element with options attribute slowdown

Tobias Kremer list at funkreich.de
Thu May 10 16:40:20 GMT 2007

> Hold on, I double-checked this. The error message is gone but the performance
> is still really bad (~8 seconds). It seems like the process of setting a lot
> of options (in my case 250 entries) on a select element takes quite some
> time.
> Can you confirm this?

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the problem either as a plain perl
script (without Catalyst) proves: setting 1000 options and rendering the form
via TT comes out at 0.04 seconds. It's somehow Catalyst-related. I'll have
to dig into it a little deeper but any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

--Tobias