[html-formfu] C::P::StackTrace and HTML::FormFu

Tobias Kremer list at funkreich.de
Fri May 11 09:44:30 GMT 2007

Following up on my post from yesterday to the HTML::FormFu mailing list
I found out that using the Catalyst::Plugin::StackTrace plugin together
with HTML::FormFu (and Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu) results in an
enormous slowdown when using lots of options for e.g. select elements.

See one of my earlier posts here:
http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/html-formfu/2007-May/000011.html

The culprit is the option "respect_overload => 1" given to
Devel::StackTrace on line 63 of C::P::StackTrace (0.06). After removing
it performance of HTML::FormFu is fully restored. The option was not
present in earlier versions of C::P::StackTrace (0.02), that's why it
all ran well on only 1 out of 3 of my machines, which incidentally had
the old version installed.

Now, I'm not really sure what's the best way to fix this, so I thought
maybe some of you may have an advice. For now, I just disabled the
StackTrace plugin.

Thanks!

--Tobias