[html-formfu] RFC: enhanced when

Jonas Alves jonas.alves at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 19:06:28 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I would like to enhance the "when" attribute to accept something like this:

- type: Password
    name: password2
    label: Retype Password
    constraints:
             − type: Equal
               others: password
               when:
                 field: password
             - type: Required
               when:
                 stash: is_create
                 value: true

So when the "when" attribute receives a "field" attribute without a "values"
attribute it returns true if the field is filled. Another enhance is to
receive a "stash" attribute that works like the "field" attribute but checks
the stash instead. However it makes it impossible to use both "field" and
"stash" attributes at the same time because the "values" attribute can't
work for both at the same time. To handle that we can make "field" and
"stash" accept an hash ref. The config would look like:

    when:
        field:
            name: foo
            values: [1, 2, 3]
        stash:
            name: bar
            values: [4, 5, 6]

And it would do an intersection between the two. If we need an union it
could be something like this:

    when:
        - type: field
          name: foo
          values: [1, 2, 3]
        - type: stash
          name: bar
          values: [4, 5, 6]

Another thing that I miss is a way to specify how I want the values to be
compared. Sometimes I don't want to use "eq" and a regex would be more
appropriated:

    when:
        field:
            name: foo