[html-formfu] Catalyst and double template processing

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 15:23:05 GMT 2007

On 24/10/2007, Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had recently following idea: if you put the form on the Catalyst
> stash (as self) and into the Castalyst templates [% INCLUDE form %]
> instead of [% form.render %] you could make the Catalyst template
> processor process the FormFu templates.  This should improve the
> efficiency of the process and also a bit simplify the architecture.
> What do you think?  I still don't use FormFu at work - so I don't have
> time to validate it.

That should work.

You'd have to set
    RELATIVE = 1
    RECURSION = 1
in your 'View::TT' config, as HTML/FormFu/Render::xhtml() always sets these.
And add 'root/formfu' to your INCLUDE_PATH, of course.

The only possible problem I foresee is filename clashes.
I suppose an easy way around this would be to add support to
HTML::FormFu and HTML::FormFu::Deploy for file extensions in the
filenames, and use something unique like ".form"

Nice idea.