[html-formfu] some questions

Jim Spath jspath at pangeamedia.com
Fri Sep 7 16:10:11 GMT 2007

I'm new to HTML::FormFu (never used HTML::Widget) either, and have a
couple of questions:

The first one is how to easily utilize values which have been altered by
FormFu's validation.  An example would be the TrimEdges filter.  If a
user enters a value like "  foo  " and we need to redisplay the form, I
would like the prefilled value to be "foo".

Secondly, if I want to add a complex validation routine, like checking
to see if a US address is USPS deliverable, is this best done as a
callback constraint, or a validator?  If validator, can someone point me
to an example of a validator?  The only useful information on validators
seemed to be t/validator.t

Thanks!
- Jim