[html-formfu] Hello world, FormFu

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 11:18:43 GMT 2007

On 09/09/2007, Bernhard Graf <formfu at augensalat.de> wrote:
> On Sunday 09 September 2007 16:52, Mario Minati wrote:
>
> > This is an error from Template::Toolkit as it cannot find the
> > templates from FormFu which should be in the directory 'root'
> > underneeth your software. You can look inside the Deploy class which
> > takes care of extracting the templates if remember right.
>
> Thank you.
> Why doesn't the manual mention this with a single word?

Speaking for myself, it's hard to see what simple things might be
missing, when I'm so familiar with the system :)
If you come across anything else that's not explained well, or any
other annoyances, please let us know, and the documentation will
continue to improve.

I've expanded the documentation to explain the templating a bit better.
I've also added a script, as you suggested, to automatically install
the templates.
I tend to use HTML::FormFu with Catalyst, and there's already a helper
script which does that - see Catalyst::Helper::HTML::FormFu

Also note, that most of the documentation uses the old lowercase field
types, such as 'text', 'submit', etc.
These are now all changed to CamelCase, such as 'Text', 'Submit', etc.

I'll be pushing out another cpan release in the next day or two which
will fix all of these issues.

Cheers,