[html-formfu] HTML::FormFu::Element::DBIC::Select for review

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 15:37:03 GMT 2007

On 10/09/2007, Mario Minati <mario.minati at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I still have another DBIC Module which creates a multi line select box that
> shows based on javascript (Dojo) a list of elements that are updated after
> each keypress in a FromFu textfield.

I hadn't ported any of the
HTML::Widget::Element::Dojo::AutoComplete::* modules to FormFu,
because I was aware that they would all break anyway when dojo went
from 0.4 to 0.9,
but it'd probably be best to create a Dojo::* element which accepts
either a callback-url or a static data structure to populate the list.

Then... create the DBIC element as a subclass of that, and use DBIC to
fetch the data and pass it to the element.

Although 0.9 is now out, there's still some issues that have stopped
me upgrading the existing Dojo::* elements - regardless though, 0.9 is
a *very* nice product.