[html-formfu] HTML::FormFu::Element::DBIC::Select for review

Mario Minati mario.minati at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 10 20:59:42 GMT 2007

On Monday 10 September 2007 16:37:03 Carl Franks wrote:
> On 10/09/2007, Mario Minati <mario.minati at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > I still have another DBIC Module which creates a multi line select box
> > that shows based on javascript (Dojo) a list of elements that are updated
> > after each keypress in a FromFu textfield.
>
> I hadn't ported any of the
> HTML::Widget::Element::Dojo::AutoComplete::* modules to FormFu,
> because I was aware that they would all break anyway when dojo went
> from 0.4 to 0.9,
> but it'd probably be best to create a Dojo::* element which accepts
> either a callback-url or a static data structure to populate the list.
>
> Then... create the DBIC element as a subclass of that, and use DBIC to
> fetch the data and pass it to the element.
>
> Although 0.9 is now out, there's still some issues that have stopped
> me upgrading the existing Dojo::* elements - regardless though, 0.9 is
> a *very* nice product.

For the Dojo::DBIC Elements I would like to see FormFu doing the work of
updateing the data (answering the dojo request).

Can you think of a way how we can integrate that smoothly?
Maybe have some additional hidden formfield which tell FormFu that we just
want it to process the data of a specific field and returns maybe JSON data
when render is being called.
The only thing the user would to do in Catalyst is one more if to find out if
we are in dojo request and send it to a JSON view.

This would also make it very easy to create connected selectboxes without the
need for the user to do anything in the controller.

Greets,
Mario