[html-formfu] HTML::FormFu::Element::DBIC::Select for review

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 16:29:03 GMT 2007

On 12/09/2007, Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Have you had a look at
> http://search.cpan.org/~zby/HTML-Widget-DBIC-0.03/lib/HTML/Widget/DBIC.pm
> ?  It was solving a similar problem for HTML::Widget.  Granted it is a
> bit experimental.
>
> I am planning to port it to FormFu.

Although it doesn't yet support creating a form from a dbic result,
DBIx::Class::HTML::FormFu does support populating a form from a dbic
result, and updating / creating dbic from a form.

Regarding creating a form automatically (although I haven't yet done
anything about it), I thought of asking on the dbic list whether
anyone else is using column_info() to provide more advanced hints
about which form field type to use, and possibly constraints to use.
I don't know whether mst's reaction uses anything like this already.
It would be good to have a convension of some sort.
Is that the sort of thing you'd be interested in?

Also, do you want svn commit access?