[html-formfu] HTML::FormFu::Element::DBIC::Select for review

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 17:17:50 GMT 2007

On 9/12/07, Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Although it doesn't yet support creating a form from a dbic result,
> DBIx::Class::HTML::FormFu does support populating a form from a dbic
> result, and updating / creating dbic from a form.

I'll have a look into that.

> Regarding creating a form automatically (although I haven't yet done
> anything about it), I thought of asking on the dbic list whether
> anyone else is using column_info() to provide more advanced hints
> about which form field type to use, and possibly constraints to use.

In InstantCRUD I took the path of generating that config data from the
column_info() so that the user can customize it later.  On the other
hand I remember your argument that all the data type constraints are
really *mandatory* so there is no use in releasing them - and the user
should only *add new constraints* - which sounds reasonable.  But
there can be two problems:

1. column_info() when getting the column datatype from the DB is a bit heavy

2. I think was there a plan to column_info to only return the data
from the config and move the DB query to the Loader - and this would
mean that using it would require that people put the data types into
the Schema files

> Also, do you want svn commit access?

Hmm I've tried to download the code - but I am getting:

svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/trunk/HTML-FormFu'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/trunk/HTML-FormFu': 200 OK
(https://html-formfu.google-code.com)

Anyone knows what is that about?

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak