[html-formfu] HTML::FormFu::Element::DBIC::Select for review

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 18:32:19 GMT 2007

On 12/09/2007, Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> wrote:

> In InstantCRUD I took the path of generating that config data from the
> column_info() so that the user can customize it later.  On the other
> hand I remember your argument that all the data type constraints are
> really *mandatory* so there is no use in releasing them - and the user
> should only *add new constraints* - which sounds reasonable.  But
> there can be two problems:
>
> 1. column_info() when getting the column datatype from the DB is a bit heavy
>
> 2. I think was there a plan to column_info to only return the data
> from the config and move the DB query to the Loader - and this would
> mean that using it would require that people put the data types into
> the Schema files

Yes, dbix-class no longer queries the db for column_info, by default.
I believe the reason for this is they expect the user to put the data
type into the dbic schema declarations.
I personally have put stuff like type:varchar, length:255 in my dbic
schemas, so that should be enough to generate basic constraints from.

> > Also, do you want svn commit access?
>
> Hmm I've tried to download the code - but I am getting:
>
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/trunk/HTML-FormFu'
> svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/trunk/HTML-FormFu': 200 OK
> (https://html-formfu.google-code.com)

The httpS address is only for people with username/passwords -
otherwise it's http.
Anyway, I've added you as a project member, so the https address
should work fine for you now.
Your username is your gmail address.

Cheers,