[html-formfu] HTML::FormFu::Element::DBIC::Select for review

Mario Minati mario.minati at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 18 20:28:11 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 18 September 2007 19:38:54 Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
> Hi Mario,
>
> After some reading around in FormFu I need to backtrack a bit with the
> question:
>
> Why you override 'process' and 'render' instead of 'populate'?

When using 'populate' you cannot be sure if something is being changed later
on. When 'process' and 'render' are called nothing will be changed anymore.
That's why I use these functions.

> Another posibility I saw is to use the 'config_callback' option - but
> that would work only on loaded config - so your way is more general.

The 'config_callback' is a *very* interesting option, but how to define a
config callback in the yml config file, that calls a function in a (catalyst)
controller.
This question get's even more general when thinking of a callback for
javascript elements.

Do you have an ideas.

Greets,
Mario