[html-formfu] HTML::FormFu::Element::DBIC::Select for review

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 09:59:17 GMT 2007

On 9/18/07, Mario Minati <mario.minati at googlemail.com> wrote:
> When using 'populate' you cannot be sure if something is being changed later
> on. When 'process' and 'render' are called nothing will be changed anymore.
> That's why I use these functions.

OK - so you want to be sure that the options are there - even if
someone writes some extension that manipulates the element.  Hmm ...

Let's say that I am overriding render to add some formatting (or to
use some different templating) - then, I don't know about others but,
I would expect that the options are there already at that stage.  It
would be unintuitive if after 'populate' the element is not yet ready
made.

Or let's say I want to delete some of the generated options - because
even if they come from the database I don't want them in the form -
then again I would expect that after the call to populate the element
is ready and I can delete from it the options that I don't want.

Isn't that what you would expect?

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/