[html-formfu] HTML::FormFu::Element::DBIC::Select for review

Mario Minati mario.minati at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 22 22:30:44 GMT 2007

On Thursday 20 September 2007 11:08:51 Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
> Hi Mario,
>
> Just today I found a quite concrete example.  Form for editing a
> record - with a 'has_many' relation. I need to load all the records
> from the related table as options to a SELECT - and then I would like
> to *set on all the options that correspond to records from the foreign
> table that currently related to the main record*.  After that I would
> like to render the form.

I'm not sure if I understand that correct, but can't it be done with
the 'default' function to set the 'selected' attribute.

> This looks to me like a very standard need - and it is a good example
> of why you sometimes need to *alter the created options of a SELECT*.

What about a callback function that is called when preparing the options just
before the options are saved in the Select element.

Do you have anyexperience or ideas on how we can define the callback from yml?

Greets,
Mario