[html-formfu] unicode and yml?

Josef Chladek josef.chladek at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 14:47:22 GMT 2007

Am 24.09.2007 um 15:21 schrieb Josef Chladek:

> Am 24.09.2007 um 15:14 schrieb Josef Chladek:
>
>>> FormFu passes ('ENCODING' => 'UTF-8') to TT, but I can't see
>>> anything
>>> about TT using a  DEFAULT_ENCODING setting.
>>>
>>> Have you tried outputting the source to your console to check
>>> exactly
>>> what's being output?
>>>     $ script/myapp_test /
>>>
>>> Other than that, I can't think of much else.
>>> If you can replicate the problem with a minimal Catalyst
>>> application,
>>> you could send that to the list.
>>
>> made a test-app from scratch - ulauts and FormFu working there
>> without a problem. I'll investigate my app and will report what
>> happened. if I use Config::General format, there are no problems
>> (like with the config in the controller), strange...
>>
>> thanks for now
>> josef
>
> found it:
>
> you just need to load Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode in MyApp.pm
>
> use Catalyst qw/-Debug ConfigLoader Static::Simple Unicode/;
>
> and then in a template:
>
> ööööööö
> [% form %]
>
> -> output without Unicode Plugin:
>
> ööööööö
> Userdaten
>
> -> output with Unicode Plugin:
>
> ööööööö
> Userdaten
>
> is there a way to make this Plugin and HTML::FormFu coexist?

follow-up: without the Unicode Plugin error-messages from
HTML/FormFu/I18N/de.pm
(although that file is utf8) are not correctly shown, for example
'Required' produces a broken umlaut (can't paste), if I change the
browsers encoding to iso-8859-1 it is correctly shown!

you can prove this by using:
languages: ['de']
in the .yml file, take a form an leave a required field blank

josef