[html-formfu] unicode and yml?

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 15:21:02 GMT 2007

On 24/09/2007, Josef Chladek <josef.chladek at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> made a test-app from scratch - ulauts and FormFu working there
> >> without a problem. I'll investigate my app and will report what
> >> happened. if I use Config::General format, there are no problems
> >> (like with the config in the controller), strange...
> >>
> >> thanks for now
> >> josef
> >
> > found it:
> >
> > you just need to load Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode in MyApp.pm
> >
> > use Catalyst qw/-Debug ConfigLoader Static::Simple Unicode/;
> >
> > and then in a template:
> >
> > ööööööö
> > [% form %]
> >
> > -> output without Unicode Plugin:
> >
> > ööööööö
> > Userdaten
> >
> > -> output with Unicode Plugin:
> >
> > ööööööö
> > Userdaten
> >
> > is there a way to make this Plugin and HTML::FormFu coexist?
>
> follow-up: without the Unicode Plugin error-messages from
> HTML/FormFu/I18N/de.pm
> (although that file is utf8) are not correctly shown, for example
> 'Required' produces a broken umlaut (can't paste), if I change the
> browsers encoding to iso-8859-1 it is correctly shown!
>
> you can prove this by using:
> languages: ['de']
> in the .yml file, take a form an leave a required field blank

Have you tried using myapp_test.pl to spit the output to your console?
Have you ensured that your webserver is sending a Content-Type header
with charset=utf-8 ? Or an equivalent html declaration?
(Find out your headers with `lwp-request -e http://host/file`)
Which cpan/svn version of HTML-FormFu are you using?
I can't test anything without your cat-app.