[html-formfu] unicode and yml?

Josef Chladek josef.chladek at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 15:54:25 GMT 2007

Am 24.09.2007 um 16:21 schrieb Carl Franks:

>> follow-up: without the Unicode Plugin error-messages from
>> HTML/FormFu/I18N/de.pm
>> (although that file is utf8) are not correctly shown, for example
>> 'Required' produces a broken umlaut (can't paste), if I change the
>> browsers encoding to iso-8859-1 it is correctly shown!
>>
>> you can prove this by using:
>> languages: ['de']
>> in the .yml file, take a form an leave a required field blank
>
> Have you tried using myapp_test.pl to spit the output to your console?
> Have you ensured that your webserver is sending a Content-Type header
> with charset=utf-8 ? Or an equivalent html declaration?
> (Find out your headers with `lwp-request -e http://host/file`)
> Which cpan/svn version of HTML-FormFu are you using?
> I can't test anything without your cat-app.

hello carl,

well I have

$c->response->content_type('text/html; charset=utf-8');

in my end and in my tt

and the result is utf-8 in the console. headers say utf-8 as well.
HTML-Formu latest from cpan (0.01005).

my test-app attached, to see the grabled 'Required' message, ucomment
line 17 and comment line 16 in Test.pm

thanks so far...
josef