[html-formfu] very, very slow initially

Josef Chladek josef.chladek at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 21:13:52 GMT 2007

Am 26.09.2007 um 22:06 schrieb Mario Minati:

>>> well I was too fast, the Test-app works with utf8 (execpt that
>>> error messages are iso as described yesterday). I'll look deeper in
>>> my Catalyst app (and all the plugins) to describe the behaviour
>>> better...
>>
>> it seems, that the use of
>>
>> Catalyst::Plugin::Compress::Gzip
>>
>> in combination with HTLM::FormFu leads to bad utf-8, if I uncomment
>> it in my setup, everything's ok
>
> Kind of good news (for FormFu) ;-)
>
> If you use apache can't you tell apache to do the compression?

yes, but for our config we could not get compression to work for the
fastcgi-handler through apache (although it works for all other
stuff), so I moved that part to Catalyst. any chance that formfu will
play nicely with C:P:Compress:Gzip? there is not a lot happening in
that plugin, but I can't figure out what runs wrong...
thanks
josef