[html-formfu] very, very slow initially

Mario Minati mario.minati at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 26 21:39:29 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 26 September 2007 22:13:52 Josef Chladek wrote:
> Am 26.09.2007 um 22:06 schrieb Mario Minati:

> >> it seems, that the use of
> >>
> >> Catalyst::Plugin::Compress::Gzip
> >>
> >> in combination with HTLM::FormFu leads to bad utf-8, if I uncomment
> >> it in my setup, everything's ok
> >
> > Kind of good news (for FormFu) ;-)
> >
> > If you use apache can't you tell apache to do the compression?
>
> yes, but for our config we could not get compression to work for the
> fastcgi-handler through apache (although it works for all other
> stuff), so I moved that part to Catalyst. any chance that formfu will
> play nicely with C:P:Compress:Gzip? there is not a lot happening in
> that plugin, but I can't figure out what runs wrong...
> thanks
> josef

How can we sure where the problem is?

Through the compression the content type is changed so the problem might be
beyond the scope of FormFu or even out of Catalyst.

When I rember correctly, the result of form.render was fine itself.
What happens if you send some utf8 data without usage of FormFu?

Anyway, Carl is the unicode expert.

Greets,
Mario