[html-formfu] very, very slow initially

Josef Chladek josef.chladek at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 07:00:55 GMT 2007

Am 27.09.2007 um 00:35 schrieb Carl Franks:

>> I am using a lot of DBIC models/schemas, had the C3::XS stuff
>> installed before (on my notebook I even use perl 5.9.5 which is
>> really fast in loading all the classes). I tried to debug further and
>> reduced my show to the following
>>
>> sub show : Local : FormConfig('auth/show.yml') {
>>      my ( $self, $c ) = @_;
>> }
>>
>> without ANY dbic call it takes as long as described above, if I
>> remove the
>> : Local : FormConfig('auth/show.yml')
>> it runs immediately.
>> all my other controllers run with no delay after startup, what
>> happens when FormConfig is executed? I even removed the
>> __PACKAGE__->load_components(qw/HTML::FormFu .../);
>> part from my DBICs - no change, still it takes so long...
>> my show.yml was reduced to '---', still no change.
>
> Did you remove the DBIC model from your 'lib/MyApp/Model' directory?
> Otherwise it might still be getting loaded (can't remember for sure).
>
> How long does t/04basic.t take to run?
> Need a baseline to see how fast/slow your server is.

sorry, here are my results:

prove -l t/04basic.t
t/04basic....ok
All tests successful.
Files=1, Tests=7,  1 wallclock secs ( 0.54 cusr +  0.04 csys =  0.58
CPU)

server is pretty fast normally...
removing all my DBIC models makes it fast again. but even if I use
formfu without fill_formfu_values, why does it matter that I have a
lot of DBIC models? hmmm...

josef