[html-formfu] HTML-FormFu-DBIC

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 09:35:43 GMT 2007

First - hey Carl - I am waiting for you to approve my design before commiting.

On 9/27/07, Mario Minati <mario.minati at googlemail.com> wrote:
> You are removing and recreating the related rows, what do you think of a loop
> removing only records that are no longer required and create new ones.
> I'm thinking of this as in my app the model (and the db) autocreates an
> GUID/UUID column for every new row that is used for linking stuff together.
> These kinds of relations would currently get lost.

This is in plans - but not immediate - first I need to have an overall
api design.

> BTW:
> What kind of select box does MySelect provide?

Hmm - I don't understand that question - it only adds one method to
the standard Select box.   The name is now Select::DBIC

> With regard to your idea of separating the fill_formfu_values and
> populate_from_formfu I suggest putting the functions itself in a class in the
> HTML::FormFu tree, providing the functionallity.
> Then the DBIC::HTML::FormFu class can use these functions to do it's work and
> everyone's free to go his/her way.

That's a good idea!

Now I think populate_from_formfu and fill_formfu_values should be
methods of the form - this way we could subclass it later.  So
HTML::FormFu::DBIC will be a subclass of FormFu with those additional
two methods.

Cheers,
Zbyszek