[html-formfu] many_to_many filling

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 13:54:47 BST 2008

On 01/04/2008, Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil at over.ru> wrote:
> defaults_from_model does only default settings.
>
>  To fill select/checkbox group/whatever else, one must add to .yml file:
>
>  db:
>   model: (name-of-your-Catalyst-model)
>   resultset: (name-of-proper-resultset)
>   label_column: (column to put into label)
>
>  It is not documented anywhere but can be extracted from
>  HTML/FormFu/Element/_Group.pm.
>
>  I'm still researching case of incorrect SQL statement for many_to_many
>  model.

You're trying the use features that are still in the process of being
changed, and are still undocumented - so unfortunately, you are going
to have a bit of a hard time.

Have you gone through the list archives [1] from before you
subscribed, to see what was going on?

As I listed earlier [2] - things needing finished for the next CPAN release:
* finish the model changes
* document the model + changes

I've been really busy lately and unable to spend much time on formfu -
I will get round to finishing these things off, but if anyone wants
these features now, they're going to have to help out with patches!

Cheers,
Carl

[1] http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/html-formfu/
[2] http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/html-formfu/2008-February/000963.html