[html-formfu] HTML::FormFu and ReCAPTCHA

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 08:28:55 BST 2008

2008/8/24 Michele Beltrame <mb at cattlegrid.info>:
> Hello!
>
> Has anybody succesfully embedded a reCAPTCHA (http://recaptcha.net)
> "widget" in a HTML::FormFu form?
>
> I was thinking about how to do it, and I think a Block element in which I
> pass the HTML I get grom Captcha::reCAPTCHA->get_html() with content_xml
> should work.
>
> Anyone tried this or other solutions?

That should work - but formfu won't be aware it's a form field - so it
would be a bit of a hack.
You could also use a Src element, if you don't want the DIV around the
reCAPTCHA markup.

If you've got the time/inclination - I would suggest asking the author
of Captcha::reCAPTCHA if he'd accept a patch to expose the
functionality, without having to use the html output.
If you were to patch Captcha::reCAPTCHA to do that - I'd be happy to
code up a formfu element that to interface with it.