[html-formfu] HTML::FormFu and ReCAPTCHA

Michele Beltrame mb at cattlegrid.info
Tue Aug 26 11:12:36 BST 2008

Hi Carl!

> That should work - but formfu won't be aware it's a form field - so it
> would be a bit of a hack.
> You could also use a Src element, if you don't want the DIV around the
> reCAPTCHA markup.

I managed to make this work but, as you said, it turned out to be a real
dirty hack as the reCAPTCHA code creates two fields of which HTML::FormFu
can't be aware.

> If you've got the time/inclination - I would suggest asking the author
> of Captcha::reCAPTCHA if he'd accept a patch to expose the
> functionality, without having to use the html output.
> If you were to patch Captcha::reCAPTCHA to do that - I'd be happy to
> code up a formfu element that to interface with it.

I guess this could be cone. However, checking at the Captcha::reCAPTCHA
code, is seems quite short and simple - and the most part of it is
devoted to creating the HTML, which we would need to rewrite anyway. So
I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to just implement a reCAPTCHA FormFu
element from scratch.

Any thoughts?

Michele.

--