[html-formfu] Date field using Javascript date picker?

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 22:28:21 BST 2008

2008/7/13 Thomas Klausner <domm at cpan.org>:
> Hi!
>
> Has anybody already did a Date field that's not using the current
> three-field aproach, but rather some Javascript powered date-picker
> widget?
>
> If yes, is it available somewhere?
>
> If no, would a patch for FormFu to add something like this makes sense?

Hi Thomas,

I wrote one a while ago - it's available from subversion at this address:
http://html-formfu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/HTML-FormFu-Dojo
However, it'll need updating even just to work with current HTML-FormFu!
There was a big change last year in how rendering is done, and the
Dojo elements are all out-of-date.
Unfortunately, they were also all written for Dojo 0.4.x (I think), so
they'll also need updating to work with Dojo 1.x

I'd be happy to give you svn access, if you want to either update
what's there, or create a new element for whatever JS library you
prefer.
One thing to note, is that nowadays all elements must be able to
generate their markup via both pure-perl, and a TT template.
For examples, see the string() method in, say, lib/HTML/FormFu/Element/_Input.pm
And also the TT template files in share/templates/tt/xhtml/

I think I'd prefer JS elements to stay in a seperate distribution, but
it occurs to me that that may cause problems for File::ShareDir, with
regards the TT template files - so we'll maybe just have to see how
that goes.