[html-formfu] next release

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 15:42:48 BST 2008

2008/6/5 Moritz Onken <onken at houseofdesign.de>:
> Hi Carl,
>
> when do you plan the next release? 0.02004 is dated 22 Jan 2008.
> What is missing to release the next one? I'll help if I can :)

Hi Moritz,

Andreas asked this in February - here's my previous response, along
with some inline comments on current status / changes...

btw, if anyone's posted something to the list that hasn't yet been
responded to or committed, and they'd really like to see it in the
next release, please shout (preferably responding to the original
thread).

* need to finish the model changes, so that all changes that deprecate
features/methods are pushed out in a single cpan release to minimize
the impact

    update: since the last cpan release, the svn code has been
    changed so that instead of doing model_config->{}
    you now need to do model_config->{DBIC}->{}
    This is going to be reverted, back to the behaviour of the last
    CPAN release - so the good news is no changes required for
    anyone not following svn.
    See the discussion in the earlier threads for details:
    http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/html-formfu/2008-April/001100.html

    I had been planning on really digging-in to the model stuff, but
    got hijacked. If there were any other likely changes, I've forgotten
    by now.

* need to document what's been deprecated, and what the deprecation policy is

    http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/html-formfu/2008-February/000890.html

* I'm going to remove the model methods from Element::Block (they were
broken until after the last cpan release, anyway, so I know no-one's
using them)

* Date element - new default_natural() method needs documented

* the new MultiForm feature needs documented (in both HTML::FormFu and
Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu)

    update: This doesn't strictly need to hold-up a release

Newly added bullet-points:

* need to document that HTML::FormFu::Model::DBIC is now in a
stand-alone distribution, and need to check that that dist's files are
ready for release.

    Andreas: is HTML-FormFu-Model-LDAP ready for release (the code, if
not the dist files)?

* some of the MultiForm tests fail on Windows - it's really the tests
that the bug is in, rather than the code - it's due to Windows' file
deletion behaviour. We could just make the tests skip on Windows, for
now.

* I think the new plugin system still needs documented, but that
doesn't really need to hold-up the release

* I also need to trawl through the logs/diffs and make sure
everything's recorded in the Changes file.

Thanks for making me make this list - I'm going to concentrate on
these points for now, and get back to the list back-log once we've got
the next release out.
Can you give me a ping first if you want to tackle any of these, so
that we don't duplicate effort?

Cheers,