[html-formfu] Customisation of the look and feel (placement of elements) using HTML::FormFu

kakimoto at tpg.com.au kakimoto at tpg.com.au
Wed Oct 8 22:02:10 BST 2008

hello, all,

  I have just looked into the HTML::FORMFU template files located in
root/formfu.
i was wondering if anyone has done customisations of their template
files and how about to do it ?
 i can figure out how to do it but the method may not be as elegant as
compared to someone who has done it before.

 I have looked at the 'advanced customisation' page in the HTML::FORMFU
manual cookbook
(http://search.cpan.org/~cfranks/HTML-FormFu-0.03002/lib/HTML/FormFu/Manual/Cookbook.pod#Installing_the_TT_templates).
Seems a little to brief :(
    Are there any other examples or tutorials you can point me to?

thank you

K. Akimoto

-----
ADVANCED CUSTOMISATION ^
Installing the TT templates

It only makes sense to use the template files if you plan on customising
them, as the default string render-method is faster.

If you're using the Catalyst web framework, install
Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu and run the following command:

    $ script/myapp_create.pl HTML::FormFu

This will create a directory, root/formfu, containing the HTML::FormFu
template files.

If you use Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu as a base class and you
don't set HTML::FormFu's INCLUDE_PATH yourself, it will automatically be
set to root/formfu if that directory exists.

If you're not using Catalyst, you can create the template files by
running the following command:

      $ html_formfu_deploy.pl <target-directory>

Take note that if you choose to customise your own copy of
HTML::FormFu's template files, you'll need to keep track of the Changes
file, when updating HTML::FormFu, so that you can update your own
templates if the core templates are updated.