[html-formfu] form->process not working!

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 20:40:28 BST 2008

2008/10/18 Ben Sommer <ben at bensommer.com>:
> Hi all -- new here. Posting because there is no pertinent discussion of this
> issue with FormFu elsewhere.
>
> Using Catalyst controller plugin to manage forms with FormFu, I cannot get
> the following code to reliably process a form object with a set of
> query/request parameters:
>
>> my $form = $self->form;
>> $form->load_config_file( 'foobar/edit.yml');
>> $form->process($c->request);
>
> "$form->params" is still empty and none of the parameter data has been
> processed. I have debugged the hell out of this and see no ryhme or reason.
>
> I have no problem with this when I utilize the subroutine parameter
> approach, i.e.:
>
>> sub foomethod : Local FormConfig('foobar/edit.yml') {
>
> I really need to dynamically assemble and select form config files, so I
> need to make this work as described in the first chunk of code.
>
> If anyone has a faint clue what might be wrong -- please let me know.

There's nothing that immediately comes to mind.
Could you add the following lines after your call to process(), and
send us the output?

    use Data::Dumper;
    warn Dumper( $c->request->params );
    warn Dumper( $form );

Also, are you using code from svn or from a cpan release?
Let me know which revision / version for both HTML-FormFu and
Catalyst-Controller-HTML-FormFu.

That should be enough to figure this out.
Cheers,