[html-formfu] form->process not working!

Ben Sommer ben at bensommer.com
Sat Oct 18 20:12:33 BST 2008

Hi all -- new here. Posting because there is no pertinent discussion of this
issue with FormFu elsewhere.

Using Catalyst controller plugin to manage forms with FormFu, I cannot get
the following code to reliably process a form object with a set of
query/request parameters:

my $form =3D $self->form;
> $form->load_config_file( 'foobar/edit.yml');
> $form->process($c->request);

"$form->params" is still empty and none of the parameter data has been
processed. I have debugged the hell out of this and see no ryhme or reason.

I have no problem with this when I utilize the subroutine parameter
approach, i.e.:

sub foomethod : Local FormConfig('foobar/edit.yml') {

I really need to dynamically assemble and select form config files, so I
need to make this work as described in the first chunk of code.

If anyone has a faint clue what might be wrong -- please let me know.

Thank you!