[html-formfu] Creating a new row automaticly (with Catalyst)

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 20:30:49 BST 2008

Hi,

I have read that it is possible to create  a new row automaticly from a
form, without creating first the row then updating it.

I have tried to do this with Catalyst, but it doesn't work. Here is what
I've done:

in MyApp.pm:

__PACKAGE__->config(
  'Controller::HTML::FormFu' => {
    model_stash => {
      schema => 'AccesDB',
    },
  },
);

In the form config:

<model_config>
resultset Domain
</model_config>

(And I have also tried
resultset AccesDB::Domain
but without any effect.)

In the controller:

if ($form->submitted_and_valid) {
$form->model->update;
}

The result is that it gives the following error:

Caught exception in MyApp::Controller::Domain->add "row object missing at
e:/web/MyApp/lib/MyApp/Controller/Domain.pm line 12"

Please tell me how it is possible to do this.

Thank you.

Octavian