[html-formfu] FormFu I18n xgettext problem

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 17:28:33 BST 2008

2008/9/19 Yves Räber <yraber at mailup.net>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to translate my FormFu forms, and it seems there is some
> trouble finding the end of the strings to translate.
>
> I'm using xgettext 0.17
>
> Here is a really simple example :
>
> === confirm.yml ===
>
>  ---
>  indicator: submit
>  elements:
>   - type: Block
>     name: message
>   - type: Submit
>     name: submit
>     value_loc: Yes
>
>   - type: Submit
>     name: submit
>     value_loc: No
>
> == Trying to extract the fields ===
>
> xgettext.pl root/forms/confirm.yml -o lib/ReUse/I18N/fr.po
>
> === The resulting fr.po file ===
>
> #: root/forms/confirm.yml:13
> msgid ""
> "Yes\n"
> "\n"
> "   - type: Submit\n"
> "     name: submit\n"
> "     value_loc: No\n"
> msgstr ""
>
> Does anyone has an ideas why this is not working ?

Hi Yves,

Looking at the rt queue, it's never worked.
Andreas Marienborg submitted a patch to Locale::Maketext::Extract
quite a while ago, but it's not been applied yet.
I've sent an updated patch, which uses YAML.pm instead of regexes, so
it's more robust - hopefully it'll get applied soon.

If you want to patch a local copy, so it works now - the patch is
attached to this bug report: