[html-formfu] Getting "need a schema or context" loading config file

Dennis Daupert ddaupert at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 17:29:58 GMT 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 4:01 AM, Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/4/11 Dennis Daupert <ddaupert at gmail.com>:
> > On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 3:35 AM, Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Is your controller class inheriting from Catalyst::Controller::HTML::Form=
Fu
> ?

Hi Carl,

Yes, and all the other form elements are working. But meanwhile, I spotted
config setting info on the Catalyst wiki that is a bit different from what
you advised (or at least I *think* it's different; I may be definition
challenged). The wiki advises setting the schema to the model, rather than
setting it to the schema:

<Controller::HTML::FormFu>
    <model_stash>
        schema =3D ModelName  # not schema =3D Schema
    <model_stash>
</Controller::HTML::FormFu>

I tried that in my BIG APP -- in that app, I set 'schema HdeDB' --
that works. And it only took five days to figure out!
Unfortunately, in my smaller, dev app, setting 'schema DB' still
gets the same error. But I'll stop bugging you at this point, and
work with BIG APP. I can't be sure I don't have some other code
somewhere in MyApp that may be clobbering the schema. When I
understand all this better, I'll circle back and fix it.

/dennis