[html-formfu] load_config_file won't find .yml

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 09:34:18 GMT 2009

2009/12/8 Ascii King <tech at swattermatter.com>:

> The config_file_path is empty as far as I can tell.  I think this has
> something to do with my DBIx implementation because if I use a form that
> doesn't have load_config_file, I get the following error:
>
> DBIx::Class::Row::get_column(): No such column 'role_id' at
> C:/Perl/site/lib/HTML/FormFu/Model/DBIC.pm line 112
>
> I am able to access that database for listing the records in it, but when I
> call up the form to create a new entry, I get the above error in the
> browser.  The error listed in the console at the same time is:
>
> [debug] Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu::Action::Config searching for
> file 'D
> :\webdev\OMTSWeb\root\forms/account/create_account.yml'

It looks like there's old files in your perl site_lib

Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu::Action::Config hasn't existed
since Catalyst-Controller-HTML-FormFu 0.02000, and was removed in
0.03000 (19/06/08)

I'd recommend deleting everything under
Catalyst/Controller/HTML/FormFu/ and then reinstalling
Catalyst-Controller-HTML-FormFu

Is D:\webdev\OMTSWeb\root\forms/account/create_account.yml
the correct path to the config file?
If so, I wonder whether it might be something to do with some of the
directory separators being "\" and some "/".
I'm booted into linux at the moment, so can't test whether that could
cause a problem.
You could try changing the "prior/hidden_fields.yml" value in your
config file to
    __path_to( /proir/hidden_fields.yml )__
and see whether that makes the directory separators more consistent
and lets FormConfig find the right file.