[html-formfu] Want to use url to post the data in form.

David Dorward david at dorward.me.uk
Fri Feb 6 11:59:50 GMT 2009

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 05:09:43PM +0800, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
> I want to construct a url to do the same thing that a post fom done,
> e.g., username and password, is the data submitted by the form.  What
> should I do then just a constructed url to do the same thing?

Assuming you mean "A GET request" rather then a URL - you can't.

Post data isn't encoded in the URL.

Some systems accept either data through both get (in the query string)
and post (in the request body), but that depends on the server side
system accepting it.

In general, this behaviour is undesirable. Post is there for when you
do something which has a significant impact on the server - which you
usually don't want bots running all over. Get is designed to be safe
for bots to play with.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/