[html-formfu] Re: Want to use url to post the data in form.

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 12:43:50 GMT 2009

On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 11:59:50 +0000, David Dorward <david at dorward.me.uk>
wrote:

>Assuming you mean "A GET request" rather then a URL - you can't.
>
>Post data isn't encoded in the URL.

Let me describe my issue in more detail:

Take the following url as a example:

http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb

My institute is a subscriber of it and I've a username and pssword of
this library.  In my case, I find that I've two choices to log into
it:

1- Go to the above url, and then fill the logon form by my username
and pssword, finally, click on the connect button.

2- Alternatively, I can only use the following url to logon:

http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?RQT=301&UserId=myusername&Passwd=mypssword&JSEnabled=1

where, the _myusername_ and _mypssword_ are the login credentials
of mine.

Regards,

--
.: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :.