[html-formfu] newbieFormFu error

Manu Kaul manu.kaul at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 12:04:03 GMT 2009

To add I also did a view source of the page ... seems like the form does not
get filled in at all.

<?xml version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"utf-8"?>
<head>
<title> Job Applications </title>
<link 	rel=3D"stylesheet"
	href=3D"http://localhost:3000/static/main.css"
	type=3D"text/css" />
</head>
<% form %>

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Manu Kaul <manu.kaul at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Carl,Yeah I had a problem with my Controller file where I was doing :
>
> use parent 'Catalyst::Controller';
> AND
> use base 'Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu';
>
> So I got rid of the first one and use the HTML::FormFu one instead.
>
> I went ahead and changed my config file to add.yml with just the basic YA=
ML
> format that is shown on the advancedCRUD tutorial. I then had a problem
> where it could not find the YAML file because the path was wrong. What I =
did
> not realize was that if my Controller was called "MyApp.pm" then I cannot
> call my config dir as "root/forms/MyApp/add.yml" instead it would have to=
 be
> "root/forms/myapp/add.yml"!
>
> So fixed that as well. Now I don't get any errors but when I view the form
> nothing appears on the screen at all. Its blank. How do I go about
> debugging? I checked the logs but there was nothing there. It said it was
> hitting my add.tt2 file to render.. which does have XHTML in it.
>

> Cheers,
> Manu
>

> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> 2009/3/20 Manu Kaul <manu.kaul at gmail.com>:
>> > That is the directory name. The file name is --> add.json.
>> > Mind you I have not added Config::Any::JSON anywhere in my project. Do=
>> > need this? And if so where should I add it?
>> > I was told YAML is very sensitive to whitespace characters and that
>> could be
>> > a problem. Though it does look much more readable.
>> > What is your recommendation? Are you not allowed to use tabs or
>> something
>> > with YAML... what seems to be the rationale behind NOT using it? :)
>>
>> Config::Any::JSON comes as part of Config::Any
>>
>> What is in your Controller's `use parent` or `use base`?
>> I've seen problems using Catalyst-Controller-HTML-FormFu with multiple
>> base classes.
>>
>> The Catalyst project decided to switch their docs to Config::Any
>> because copy/pasting YAML can cause problems, due to its whitespace
>> sensitivity.
>> I have my editor set to change any tabs to spaces, and rarely have
>> problems using YAML, and when I do, it reports the line/column of any
>> problems, so it's easily fixed.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Carl

> --
>
> The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and
> falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
> - Michelangelo

-- =