[html-formfu] Client side validation in ExtJS

Mario Minati mario.minati at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 25 12:45:14 GMT 2009

Hello Moritz,

do you have any means about client side validation in ExtJS?

ExtJS 2.2.1 doesn't provide a good way of defining a custom validation method.
The only way I see is to overwrite the validateValue method which all form
field inherit from Ext.form.Field, but they provide allready specific
functionallity.

An approach would be to overWrite validateValue with a function that calls our
FormFu constraints and filters and after they are passed invokes the original
validateValue code.

As I like the lazy instantiation I was looking for a way to do this poking
aroundwith function pointers.
What I came over is the config option plugins which accepts a plugin object(!)
not name.

What do you think?
Shall we create such a plugin which injects the necessary code to check forms.

Greets,

Mario Minati