[html-formfu] create panels for ExtJS

Moritz Onken onken at houseofdesign.de
Wed Mar 25 11:07:46 GMT 2009

Am 25.03.2009 um 12:31 schrieb Mario Minati:

> Hello Moritz,
>
> my mind is very active about the Panel, too.
>
> The idea of making Fieldset a subclass of Panel seems to be
> problematic as I
> also created a HTML::FormFu::Element::Panel inside the HTML-FormFu-
> ExtJS
> distribution which actually only renders it's children, so is
> ignored by
> normal FormFu.

Great, as I said, we should name it
HTML::FormFu::Element::ExtJS::Panel, so we don't clash with any future
element which comes with formfu.

> Currently ExtJS renders it's items with
> 		my $class = "HTML::FormFu::ExtJS::Element::" . $element->type;
> 		require_class($class);
> 		$class->render($element)
> this would become HTML::FormFu::ExtJS::Element::ExtJS::Panel with
> HTML::FormFu::Element::ExtJS::Panel.

I think that's fine. The end user will not notice and we have a clear
structure which will not clash
with formfu elements.

> A second problem that came up in my mind is, that Fieldset inherit
> from Block
> which provides name and nested_name methods.

I'd say Panel should provide nested_name, too. I can think of forms
where you want
to display a belongs_to rel in an extra tab, e.g.

> So maybe it's better to subclass Block for Panel and keep Fieldset
> as it is.
> This way we would have the same inheritance structure in FormFu and in
> FormFu::ExtJS.

This won't be a problem if we agree that Panel should have a
nested_name, too.

Thanks for your thoughts on that!