[html-formfu] create panels for ExtJS

Mario Minati mario.minati at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 25 11:31:05 GMT 2009

Hello Moritz,

my mind is very active about the Panel, too.

The idea of making Fieldset a subclass of Panel seems to be problematic as I
also created a HTML::FormFu::Element::Panel inside the HTML-FormFu-ExtJS
distribution which actually only renders it's children, so is ignored by
normal FormFu.

Currently ExtJS renders it's items with
		my $class = "HTML::FormFu::ExtJS::Element::" . $element->type;
		require_class($class);
		$class->render($element)
this would become HTML::FormFu::ExtJS::Element::ExtJS::Panel with
HTML::FormFu::Element::ExtJS::Panel.

A second problem that came up in my mind is, that Fieldset inherit from Block
which provides name and nested_name methods.
So maybe it's better to subclass Block for Panel and keep Fieldset as it is.
This way we would have the same inheritance structure in FormFu and in
FormFu::ExtJS.

Greets,

Mario Minati