[html-formfu] How do you handle "change password" forms?

Moritz Onken onken at houseofdesign.de
Mon Mar 30 16:28:18 BST 2009

Hi,

I have a pretty large form where you can change the password using two
password fields which have to match if you want to change the password.

Problem right now is, that these password fields get sent with an
empty value and Model::DBIC inserts those empty strings in the
database, thus changing the password. My workaround right now is to
remove those two password fields if they are empty. This is done
before submitted_and_valid and works great so far.

  I was just wondering if there is a better way to do this. Or if it
is reasonable to add this functionality to the model_config where
Model::DBIC can pick it up and skip the password fields if they are
empty.

moritz