[html-formfu] ExtJS::REST

Mario Minati mario.minati at googlemail.com
Sun May 10 18:00:08 GMT 2009

Hi Moritz,

finally I have the timeto answer this email.
See my answers inline:

Am Sonntag 26 April 2009 17:54:31 schrieb Moritz Onken:
> Hi Mario,
>
> I had a quick look at your latest commit to ExtJS::REST. I think we
> should always call process_on_GET. The fact that I didn't call it was
> a bug. I removed the config option for that and hard coded process in
> the GET method. I hope this is fine with you.
Ok.

> respond_with_model_values is unnecessary because the -
> validation_response method returns the form data in the "data" key.
> Do you have any other reasons why we need this?
The difference between calling the validation_response or form_data method is
in the call to '$self->model->default_values($data);'. By forcing a reread of
values from model I get the values that are set by automatic processing in
DBIC classes, like IDs and UUIDs.

> What is the point of find_method? I think it is a good idea to make it
> configurable, but I can only think of "first" as a custom find method.
I have a custom ResultSet class 'DefaultValuesResultset' which provides
a 'find_or_default' function, that returns the object or creates a new one,
based on the defaults defined in the db table model classes.

> Maybe you could add your motivation to the docs.
Done.

> I changed the behaviour of 'default_rs_method' to call a default rs
> method if present. It's name is derived from the class name.
If 'if($object->can($rs)) {' (122) fails we should warn instead of debug.

> REST uses
> Moose now and requires Catalyst::Runtime 5.8.
I upgraded accordingly.

> And it would be great if you could add tests for all the features you
> add :-)
I'm working on that.

Greets,

Mario Minati