[html-formfu] ExtJS::REST

Moritz Onken onken at houseofdesign.de
Sun May 10 16:57:08 GMT 2009

>> respond_with_model_values is unnecessary because the -
>> validation_response method returns the form data in the "data" key.
>> Do you have any other reasons why we need this?
> The difference between calling the validation_response or form_data
> method is
> in the call to '$self->model->default_values($data);'. By forcing a
> reread of
> values from model I get the values that are set by automatic
> processing in
> DBIC classes, like IDs and UUIDs.

OK I see. I think we can make this the default behaviour. This will
cause a
database roundtrip but I think it's the best way to make sure that the
data
we give back is the same as the data the user will get when he requests
that item.

>> What is the point of find_method? I think it is a good idea to make
>> it
>> configurable, but I can only think of "first" as a custom find
>> method.
> I have a custom ResultSet class 'DefaultValuesResultset' which
> provides
> a 'find_or_default' function, that returns the object or creates a
> new one,
> based on the defaults defined in the db table model classes.
>> Maybe you could add your motivation to the docs.
> Done.

Great! thanks!

>> I changed the behaviour of 'default_rs_method' to call a default rs
>> method if present. It's name is derived from the class name.
> If 'if($object->can($rs)) {' (122) fails we should warn instead of
> debug.

But the intention was that default_rs_method is optional. In many cases
the user will not have such a result set method implemented. A warn will
also be displayed in non debug mode. That could become anoying :-)

>> REST uses
>> Moose now and requires Catalyst::Runtime 5.8.
> I upgraded accordingly.
>
>> And it would be great if you could add tests for all the features you
>> add :-)
> I'm working on that.

Thanks for your thoughts on this project!

moritz