[html-formfu] Speed of processing

Octavian Râşniţă orasnita at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 17:31:33 GMT 2009

From: "Carl Franks" <fireartist at gmail.com>
> Ok, but if each user should have its own form, then how does the cache
> help
> the users?
> I thought that the forms could be saved without the data they contain...
> only the structure of the form, without any data, which should be the same
> for all users.
> In that case the program wouldn't need to parse the config files and
> wouldn't need to re-generate the form object, but only set that object
> with
> the data supplied by the user. Is it possible something like this?

Kahlil didn't say each user needed their own cache, he was describing
a reason why a cache that doesn't clone the form object would fail.

Ok, but this is what I don't understand. If the form cache can contain just
the form structure, with no other information or data or errors, then why
can't 2 or more users use it?
(Something like the use of cached TT templates by all users)

> I just found that I need to put a login form on all the pages, so the
> speed
> of the entire site would decrease very much because of this...

A form framework has benefits, but it doesn't have to be used 100% of the
time.
If the login form on all pages is static (just username / password
fields), you could probably hardcode the form html in your template
file.

Is it possible to hard code a form in a template instead of defining it in a
configuration file and then use HTML::FormFu for processing it, for setting
the constraints, the validators, filters...?

Thanks.

Octavian