[html-formfu] How-to: complex radiogroup/date/select/text element

Ascii King tech at swattermatter.com
Fri Sep 11 14:33:57 GMT 2009

Jens Schwarz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to create a more complex element that seems (to me) like a radiogroup. But I can't get it to work.
> That's the (not working) FormFu-YML-Code I have right now:
> - type: Radiogroup
>   name: complexelement
>     - type: Date
>       name: foo
>     - type: Select
>       name: bar
>     - type: Text
>       name: baz

It looks like what you want to have happen is that a field is only saved
if the accompanying radio button is checked. I don't know how to
accomplish this in FormFu, but you can do it with some Javascript. Just
create a function that will blank out the other options when the radio
button is pressed.  If you want to do it using Javascript, I can try to
write up the code for you.

You could also do it in CSS by hding the elements that are not selected.
I have some code for this too, but it is a little complex to a CSS newb
like me. I could show you my code for this type of solution.

This would be a very cool element to have in FormFu.