[html-formfu] Validate DBIx::Class unique constraints

Adam Prime aprime at oanda.com
Tue Dec 7 00:28:38 GMT 2010

On 10-12-06 06:26 PM, Charlie Garrison wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> On 6/12/10 at 11:15 AM -0000, Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd only just found this in the source, when your email came in :)
>
> Did you get my patch allowing H::FF::C::DBIC::Unique to use a method
> rather than column for testing uniqueness?
>
> Or can I get commit permissions for the git repo? (Still learning git
> though so may need guidance; commit to trunk, new branch, something
> else?)

This may not be how Carl wants to handle things, but generally this is
how a lot of projects handle submissions from other users.

1) create an account
2) go to the repo page (https://github.com/fireartist/HTML-FormFu)
3) fork the repo (there's a link in the top right of the site.  This
will make your own private copy of the repository.
4) clone your fork.
5) make changes, add tests, commit, push back to your fork of the repo.
You can do this in a branch if you want, or in master, it doesn't make
much difference.
6) submit a pull request on the website, or poke Carl and let him know
about it.

After that's done Carl would probably add a remote for your fork, then
merge in your changes, assuming they are ok.  I'm not sure if github has
changed it's pull request handling to not screw things up anymore (ie
not cherry-pick), if they have, it might be easier.

Adam