[html-formfu] Bug?

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 08:28:55 GMT 2010

Hi,

I have a form with the following element:

<elements>
name date_time
type DateTime
label Date:
<constraints>
type Required
</constraints>
</elements>

It generates the following error:

Caught exception in MyApp::Controller::Admin::Comunicate::BNG::AGI->edit
"Not a HASH reference at e:/usr/site/lib/HTML/FormFu/Util.pm line 495.
at e:/usr/site/lib/Catalyst/Controller/HTML/FormFu/Action/FormConfig.pm line
42"

It works if I use it with other elements than Date and DateTime (like Text,
Button, Checkbox, Textarea, Select...).

It also works with all elements if I use only:

<constraints>
</constraints>

or with:

constraints Required

It also works fine if I use more constraints, like:

<constraints>
type Required
</constraints>
<constraints>
type Word
</constraints>

I prefer to use the syntax with <constraints>...</constraints> even when
there is only a single constraint, because it is more consistent.

A syntax like the one below is not valid and it gives errors:

constraints Required
<constraints>
type Word
</constraints>