[html-formfu] Do you have plans about Moosification?

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 08:47:20 GMT 2010

On 11 March 2010 08:14, Michele Beltrame <mb at cattlegrid.info> wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> I do - and my primary reason is to replace the multiple-inheritance
>> mess with some cleaner Roles.
>> I'm currently working on it in this branch:
>> https://html-formfu.googlecode.com/svn/branches/HTML-FormFu-moose-roles
>
> Since I'm using HTML::FormFu also in some small scripts which run in CGI
> environment, could maybe this migration be done to allow to run
> HTML::FormFu also using Mouse instead of Moose?
>
> I don't know if this is possible/feasible, but knowing about that
> beforehand would be of help anyway. :-)

We're needing to use a lot of MooseX:: modules, so I think it's quite
unlikely that it'll work with Mouse.

However, I really suggest you look at using a persistent interpreter.
I use PersistentPerl to run a heavy Catalyst / DBIx::Class /
HTML::FormFu app under CGI which would normally have a 10 second
startup time
Though PersistentPerl can be a pain to compile, so FCGI / CGI::Fast
are probably best recommended nowadays.